If you’re suffering from low back pain in Escondido, CA, Dr. Jon Walwick at Walwick Chiropractic can develop an effective treatment plan to get you back on track.
How Does Low Back Pain Occur?
The lower back is also known as the lumbar spine. It is intricately designed with joints, bones, ligaments, muscles, and nerves. Each of these is an essential component that supports your body and makes movement possible.
While they are independent components, they are interrelated and rely on the health and wellbeing of the others. As such, any damage done to one component can impact the rest. For example, a misalignment in the lumbar spine can impact the surrounding muscles and ligaments. Likewise, a strained muscle can put undue pressure on the nerves and joints.
The damage to any of these components can occur due to a number of issues. Some of the most common include the following.
- Muscle sprains and strains from overstretching or tearing the muscle or ligaments. These often occur due to heavy lifting, poor posture, or sudden, forceful twists.
- Herniated discs, meaning that the gel-like cushion between your joints protrudes out and puts pressure on the nerves and muscles.
- Inflammation of the joints that typically comes from arthritis and other conditions.
- Aging, as discs and joints can wear down over time.
- Injuries, such as car accidents, sports injuries, and falls.
- Misalignment, meaning that one or more vertebrae are out of their proper place. Like a herniated disc, this can put pressure on surrounding areas.
How Can A Chiropractor Help With Low Back Pain In Escondido, CA?
In some cases, such as when a muscle is overused, low back pain can go away with rest. When it does not, however, it’s imperative that you seek help as soon as possible.
Dr. Walwick and Walwick Chiropractic can help relieve your back pain by diagnosing and treating the root cause of the problem. While your exact treatment plan will depend specifically on your needs, symptoms, and conditions, it can include one or more of the following:
- Spinal adjustments to ensure each vertebra is in its proper place
- Therapeutic exercise to help stretch and strengthen your lumbar spine
- Electrical muscle stimulation to treat damage to the soft tissues
- Therapeutic ultrasound to penetrate soft tissues and joints in order to decrease pain and tension
Don’t let low back pain knock you off your feet. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Walwick at Walwick Chiropractic for treatment in Escondido, CA by calling (760) 741-2805 today.